Our Sponsors...

Our Sponsors...

Wednesday 14 October 2009

Alan Rudden

Friends,

Peter McBride of the Dolphin team has informed me of the very sad news that Alan Rudden, a regular player in the League for many, many years passed away on Monday the 12th of October.

Alan played for the Dolphin and of course the Bridgewater prior to that, being a stalwart member of that all-conquering team. Alan had been battling cancer in recent years which he faced with typical good humour and resilience. His last appearance came in May’s Cup Final.

I have played in many games against Alan over the years and he was always fantastic company, erudite, intelligent and a thoroughly well rounded human being, always the same whether his team won or lost (won, usually!).

Our immediate sympathies go to Alan’s family and all his friends in this circle and well beyond. He was a gentleman who will be greatly missed.

3 comments:

Hugh Rudden said...

Alan's family thank you for your very kind words and would like to inform all of Alan's quiz colleagues that his funeral will take place at St Albans Church, Macclesfield at 12 noon on Friday, 23rd October 2009.

Hugh Rudden

Anonymous said...

If this is the Alan Rudden who worked for British Gas then I am very saddened. I met him 24 years ago when I was running a business project in Manchester, and he became one of the oficial advisors to my programme.

He came to my wedding years later and was one of the greatest men I have ever met. May his soul rest in peace. The world is a lot poorer for not having Alan Rudden.

Whilst I am very saddened I am also privileged to have known him

Chief Ervine Okuboh
Director
First London Consulting Ltd
Billericay
Essex

August 21st 2010

MW said...

Ervine,

It is indeed the same Alan Rudden. I will pass on your kind comments to Alan's family.