Our Sponsors...

Our Sponsors...

Sunday 30 November 2008

Assorted News...

A couple of bits of news, firstly about a stalwart of the Quiz League for many years and your correspondent's predecessor in the role of Secretary / Whatever, Peter Cole.

Peter has spent a fair bit of this year recovering from breaking both arms right at the start of the year. All is now going very well and Peter has just undergone another operation on his left arm to fix a broken plate and the prognosis is good. Peter has also decided to retire from full time work at the end of November, so in fact from today! Peter and Tina are both looking forward to trips round the country to renew old acquaintances, so get the kettle on!

Going, going...

After the games on Tuesday the 2nd of December we have one more round of League games (9th) before our Christmas break. I will actually be away from later this week as my family and I are off to New Zealand to spend Christmas with the more far flung elements of my said family.

I thus won’t be around next week for obvious reasons and nor will the News & Views. I will sort it all out when I get back just before the New Year. If you have any problems next week, please call John, Graham or Marshall.

We then start again on Tuesday the 6th of January. If I don’t see you before then, can I wish you and yours a very Happy Christmas and a peaceful 2009.

No comments: