Our Sponsors...

Our Sponsors...

Monday 21 March 2016

Rick Davis

I have some dreadfully sad news to pass on to you which some of you will have seen already from my email of earlier this evening. 

One of the League’s most well-known characters, Rick Davis, sadly passed away at 4.15pm today. Rick was in Macclesfield Hospital and passed away peacefully, I understand.

Rick was a regular member of the Church House Bollington team for many years and indeed has played for several other teams too. He will be sorely missed and our immediate sympathies go to Rick’s family and all his friends, both in this circle and beyond.

Rick’s very last game was the Cup semi-final against my team, the Ox-fford, on 16 February this year. It was a great game in which Rick was pivotal (as always) in ensuring the Church House beat us by one point to get to the final. I can’t believe that I won’t be seeing Rick again or that he won’t be there in the Cup Final.

Once I have more details I can pass on, including details of the funeral, I will of course forward them too, but Rick’s family wanted all his friends to be aware of what has happened as soon as possible.

No comments: